USBoS Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The community aspect of my blog, a place to interact with pagans of all persuasions!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gretchen

Gretchen

Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster Empty
PostSubject: Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster   Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:47 am

(copy and pasted from my blog)

If you are looking for the perfect book to introduce you to the importance of colour in your wardrobe, home, mind, and your life in general, then I highly recommend Color Magic for Beginners by Richard Webster. He is not only a great writer, but he is so wise about this topic and delves into countless subtopics, that I found myself wanting to take notes on the entire book so that I can memorize it all. It was all so fascinating; he delves into numerology, feng shui, meditation, crystals and stones, and a bunch of other topics. One of the greatest features, I think, is how often he talks about the meanings of each colour, which is important when doing any Magick that uses colour, even if you’re simply choosing a candle or making your own altar cloth. I will say, though, that the title is slightly misleading, because there is only one chapter on actual colour magick, the rest is about colour psychology. So if you are looking strictly for a book on actual colour Magick, I suggest you find another read. But other than that, this is the perfect little book to keep in your spiritual reading stash.

Other Info -
©️ 2006 by Richard Webster
Published by: Llewellyn, www.llewellyn.com
Chapters:
Introduction
Chapter One - A Rainbow of Color
Chapter Two - The Power of Color
Chapter Three - Your Personal Colors
Chapter Four - You Are a Rainbow
Chapter Five - Color Healing
Chapter Six - What Your Favourite Color Reveals
Chapter Seven - Colors of Support
Chapter Eight - Meditating with Color
Chapter Nine - Mandalas
Chapter Ten - Color Symbolism
Chapter Eleven - Color and Magic
Chapter Twelve - Crystals and Gemstones
Chapter Thirteen - Color in Your Home
Chapter Fourteen - Your Color Diary
Chapter Fifteen - Conclusion
Other Books by Richard Webster:
Amulets and Talismans for Beginners, Astral Travel for Beginners, Aura Reading for Beginners, Candle Magic for Beginners*, Creative Visualization for Beginners, Dowsing for Beginners, Feng Shui for Beginners*, How to Write for the New Age Market*, Is Your Pet Psychic?, Miracles, Palm Reading for Beginners, Pendulum Magic for Beginners, Practical Guide to Past-Life Memories*, Soul Mates*, Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians*, Success Secrets, Write Your Own Magic

(Note: The titles with the asterisk (*) at the end are titles I particularly wish to read in the near future, though I think I would like to pick up most of them in the end.)

Readability:
Is it easy to read? Yes
Is it easy to follow along with? Yes
Is it interesting? Yes
How long does it take to read? A week if you devote a couple hours to it a day, although this depends on if you’re taking notes (that would take longer), or if you’re a speed-reader (it wouldn’t take as long).
Overall: 5 Stars
Content:
Is the author knowledgeable? Seemingly so : )
Is the knowledge valuable? Yes
Is the knowledge new knowledge or is it common knowledge? New knowledge, for me anyways.
Is it cohesive and relevant? Yes
Other notes: The author includes a list of recommended reading for furthering your studies of colour magic.
Design/Layout:
Is the book set up for easy reference: Yes
Is the layout or design obnoxious or annoying? No, it’s very clean and simple.
Overall:
Do you recommend this book? Highly!
Was it worth the money? ($12.95 US/$15.95 CAN) Yes!
Other Notes: I will be purchasing more books from this author in the near future. I am very impressed with this book.
Back to top Go down
http://beingpagan.blogspot.com
Hetshepsit
Admin
Hetshepsit

PostSubject: Re: Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster   Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:51 am

I almost picked this book up a couple weeks ago, but for some reason I didn't. It didn't really "want" me if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
https://usbos.forumotion.com
Gretchen

Gretchen

PostSubject: Re: Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster   Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:56 am

Yeah I totally do.
Back to top Go down
http://beingpagan.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster   Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Review: Colour Magick for Beginners by Richard Webster
Page 1 of 1