USBoS Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The community aspect of my blog, a place to interact with pagans of all persuasions!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gretchen

Gretchen

Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Empty
PostSubject: Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!   Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:46 pm

If you have a hard time bonding with a certain element because it just really repulses you or pushes you away, then try this: emotionally link a certain element with a corresponding hobby or passion of yours.

I’m an earth person, so naturally I love earth. But it was hard for me to connect to the other elements. I hated them all. So I made an emotional connected with them, and have learned to love them (and am still learning to love water). These are examples of connections I've made:

Earth: Sleeping, food
Fire: Music, having fun
Air: Philosophy, learning and discussing
Water: Travel (the Carribbean sea, for example, and taking a cruise), love, cleansing and being clean

That’s just an example. Hope this quick tip helps you find inner peace and balance with all of the elements!
Back to top Go down
http://beingpagan.blogspot.com
Hetshepsit
Admin
Hetshepsit

PostSubject: Re: Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!   Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:46 pm

I have a hard time learning to love Earth. Even in tarot cards, the Earth suit (Pentacles) is my least favorite suit overall, usually just based on images.
I can connect to the others fine though.
Water, fire, and air can all be cleansing elements. Like, with water, you wash stuff (duh), fire you brun away bad things (again, duh) and with air, dirt and bad things get blown away, but for me, Earth is getting an object dirty, because of, well, dirt.
I don't know, I'm weird.
Back to top Go down
https://usbos.forumotion.com
Gretchen

Gretchen

PostSubject: Re: Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!   Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Hetshepsit wrote:
I have a hard time learning to love Earth. Even in tarot cards, the Earth suit (Pentacles) is my least favorite suit overall, usually just based on images.
...but for me, Earth is getting an object dirty, because of, well, dirt.

Well, the images I can understand. I don't really like water images because I hate getting wet in general. You know me, I practically melt in the rain. It burns my happiness like acid. So in stead of looking at water like a pond or rain, I look at it like a glacial oasis with icicles everywhere and a frozen little pond and an ice cave, not to mention snow. This is the type of water I absolutely, head-over-heels love.

Try looking at earth in another way. Don't think of dirt. Think of flowers. I know your favourite candle or incense scent is anything floral. Well, flowers are earth. So is fruit and all food. So is honey and tea (tea is earth and water mixed), and I know you like that. Also writing and books I connect to earth because it's a physical manifestation of one's emotions, thoughts, and passion (water, air, and fire). It's also very grounding (usually) to curl up with a book. Also, couches can be seen as an element of earth inside one's own home.

Just look at it another way. By the way, you can cleanse objects very effeciently by burying it, the earth absorbs it like a sponge and the foliage purifies it like it purifies air.
Back to top Go down
Hetshepsit
Admin
Hetshepsit

PostSubject: Re: Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!   Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Hmm, it's a good idea. I'll try it. I'm terribly stubborn, lol
Back to top Go down
https://usbos.forumotion.com
Gretchen

Gretchen

PostSubject: Re: Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!   Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Lol I know you are :p Let me know how it goes or if you need anymore pointers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!   Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having a hard time "bonding" with the Elements? Quick tip!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USBoS Community :: Magic, Ritual, and Recipies :: Elements-
Jump to: